Kiya vinishat vivek se Mohshatru upkram,
Karan sidh shubh karya ve,
Vir pravartak dharmI most respectfully pay my best regards to Mahavira, the Bhagwan, who is omnipresent and omniscient and his blessings may shower on me. Once king Nand, along with his well wishers, went to Prostihil muni.
He worshipped him with eight substances and sit there near his knees. Muni gave his preachings. He advised him to adopt the following Das Lakshan Dharam:-
(1) Supreme forgiveness: Supreme forgiveness means “If some body has harmed you, he has injured your feelings or any one has played false or cheated you , even then he may be forgiven. One should forgive a weak person”.
(2) Supreme Mardav: Speak politely and words should be sweet so that others feelings may not be injured. One should not feel proud of health, wealth, status, community etc.
(3) Supreme Arjav: give up anger, pride of wealth, pride of power, position and greed etc.
(4) Supreme greed: One should not be greedy about the wealth. Greed increases arger & pride and the wealth is lost. Due to greediness one can go to hell.
(5) Supreme truth: Always speak truth.
(6) Supreme self restraint: Control your desires of five organs i.e. body, tongue, nose, eyes and ears.
(7) Supreme austerity: Keep meditation and fasts.
(8) Supreme charity : Give food, books etc. to munis and needy persons.
(9) Supreme Aparigrah : One should think that nothing belongs to him , even his body is different from the soul. Keep your requirements minimum.
(10) Supreme Continence : Control over your sexual desires.
He advised that we should think about Barah Bhavana and ascetics must follow Barah Bhavana in letter and spirit.
(1) Anitya : Every thing is subject to change. Death is sure I and certain. Life is like a bubble of water.
(2 ) Asharan : It provides us feelings of karmas. it provide the feelings of helplessness towards death. None can increase or decrease the life for a second even.
(3 ) Samsara : Each and every soul has been revolving in the circle of life, birth and death. The relentless cycle is fraught with sorrow and anxiety.
The peregrination of rebirth involves four conditions of existence.
|(1) Hellish||(2) subhuman(Trianch)|
|(3) human||(4) celestial|
The world is full of sorrows and problems. One should detach from worldly offairs and become an ascetic.
(4) Anayatva : Each and every soul is separate from other object or other soul. The body and soul are entirely separate from each other. The relation of son and father, husband and wife are temporary. Relations change after death.
( 5) Ektva : Each soul comes alone to occupy the body and also departs from the body after death. One should not feel dependent on others.
(6) Ashuchitva : The body is foul smelling, repugnant and filled with filth. Eyes, nose, mouth, ears are full of dirt. We should not allure ourself to the outer beauty of man or woman.
(7) Asarva: The inflow of karmas is the cause of mundance existence, and it is the product of passions. Just as water in a iver gets polluted with foreign matter, the soul is rendered impure if it comes in the contact of Karmic dirt. The incoming of karmas should be stopped. Always feel good of others.
(8) Samvarva : Non attatchments help in stopping the inflow of karmas. If we are going in a boat and the water is entering in the boat through some hole, it becomes necessary to stop the inflow of water. Similarly the incoming of karmas into soul should also be stopped.
(9) Nirjara : Right perception, right knowledge and right conduct enable the aspirant to spiritual progress and disentangle the self from the attachment of karmas. The layer of karmas is dissolved and eliminated from the self through progressive renunciation and reflection on the intrinsic virtues of the soul. Karmas can thus be eliminated from the self even before they come to fruition.
(10) Lok : The cardinal fact about the universe (lok) is that it has existed all the time. It is uncreated, eternal, and indestructible. The universe operates on its own law. Belief of divine intervention in this process, as individual emancipation, is therefore a myth.
(11) Bodhi Durlabh : Birth of a human is rare as the number of yonis of creatures is 84 lacs. Devtas can not go to Moksha. Birth of a human being is as rare as to trace a golden ring is fallen in the sea.
(12) Dharam : Go to temple daily and have a darshan of Jin Dev. Do Prakashal daily. Ladies are advised to see Prakashal daily. Do puja with eight substances. Keep unshakable, doubtless and deep faith in Jin Dev, Shaster and Guru. Control your :
Anger, Maan (pride of wealth, status, health etc.), Wealth & Greed. Follow ahimsa, truth, do not to steal, aprigrah (feeling that not even the smallest straw is mine.Even physical body is not mine.) The aspirants are advised to grasp the essence of the purity of soul.
The theme ought to be the central point of controlling the contemplation. There is no way out except to accept and adopt Dharma in our life.By highlighting the sanctifying effects, the attention of the aspirants is drawn towards ascending the summit of Moksha.
By contemplating on those twelve thoughts, people attained Moksha and liberated themselves from the cycle of birth and death. Kund KundAcharya proceeds to enumerate the sublime reflection of the mind which invokes the feelings of detachment from worldly objects.
One should go on reducing his needs to the barest minimum. On hearing the preachings from muni the king thought that there is not an iota of happiness in this world. Hence he took Diksha from the muni and became a naked muni. He kept fast.
He started meditation in forests,caves and on the bank of the river in winter season as well as in summer season. He adopted Das Dharam and Bara Bhavna (contemplation). Nand muni gave preachings to the human beings, so that others may follow him.
When he was near to death, he gave up eating and drinking completely. He adopted the marvelous and examplary character and died peacefully. He was born as Achutender in the sixteenth heaven. He became young in no time. He was surprised to see the undescriptive beauty of heaven.
He observed that there was no problem of any kind. All the facilities were available there. He was thinking to whom the groups of deity belong to? To whom the throne built of jewels belong to? What for these goddesses are? Why these people are feeling delighted to see me.
While so many questions were coming to his mind, an intelligent minister, from his Avadhijnana, understood his intention. He respectfully paid his regards and said to Achutender as under:- We are lucky that your presence has made this heaven sacred.
All kinds of requirements are fulfilled in this heaven. This heaven is like a hat built of jewels.AII the facilities are available here.The Kamdhenu cow, Kalptaru tree (which provides every thing on demand) and Chintamani Rattan are available here in routine.
One has not to make any effort for any thing. All the seasons are pleasing and provides comforts. There is no difference between day and night. There is always light of jewels. There is no poor deity and no one has any problem here. No body do any sin here.
All the religious persons are living here. Puja is performed in the temple all the time. Festivals are celebrated here with songs and dances. Uncountable plane of deities are available here. Ten thousand Smanik deities are residing here.
There are Ridhidharis like you. 40,000 celestial body guards are available here, who take care of the safety of this heaven. Four Lokpal (body guards) are available here. Each lokpal is having thirty two queens. They provide all kinds of comforts. Eight senior she- celestials are available here for your services.
Two thousand and seventy one she-celestials are available here. Each celestial can change one lakh twenty four bodies of every type such as elephants, horses, charriots, oxen, dancers , gandharvas and the persons who move on foot. These seven forces are available here.
Each force contains twenty two thousand elephants and other forces are having double strength. These are available at your services. On hearing this, Achutender, by his Avadhijnana, came to know about his pre-birth.
He decided to devote himself in religious activities. Every thing could be achieved by the religious activities. He stated as under:- I did meditation in my pre-birth. I read the religious books and acquired knowledge. I helped sages from the core of my heart and gave them food .
I was thinking over twelve contemplations. I could over come my actions due to my fast and meditation. I adopted Das Lakshan Dharm in my life. There can not be better friend than religion in life. One can get relief from the circle of birth and death by adopting the religion in life”.
He came to the conclusion that whatever he was getting that day was because of his wholesome actions in his prebirth. Hence he visited temples built by celestials along with his she-celestials. He bowed before the Jin idols and did his puja with eight substances.
He earned his wholesome Karmas. He heard preachings of the muni about the religion. Thus he got every precious thing. There his body I was without perspiration and without dirt. He enjoyed his life for twenty two sagars there. He used to wear divine clothes. He used to take breath after eleven months.
He was attending all the five auspicious moments (Panch Kalyanka) of the Tirthankaras. He was attending the religious festivals Thus he was developing the religion. The Achutender was enjoying the most prosperous and peaceful life which cannot be described. Religion was the part of his life.