In Kumbhoj Bahubali, a 6 feet high beautiful, artistic idol of lord Bahubali was installed in the year 1156 AD, on the day of Vaishakh Shukla 10th by the motivation of an ascetic saint Shri 108 Shrut Sagarji Maharaj. This idol is full of miracles.
Approximately 250 years ago here lived an ascetic saint Shri Bahubali Maharaj, a great scholar of the science of spells. Due to the effect, any type of violent animals never harm the pilgrims who come here. It seems that the name of this holy place was named on the name of that great saint, to keep his memories long lasting.
After him in 1851 AD, Muni Shri Prabhachandraji, in 1958 Muni Shri Kamlakarji, after it in the 20th century Acharya, great saint Shri 108 Shanti Sagarji and so on came here and sacred the place. In 1937 Chaturmas Vaktavya (Four Monthly Statement) was delivered from here and first holy pilgrimage to the great sacred place Shri Sammed Shikharji also started from here. A very beautiful colossus of marble of Lord 1008 Shri Bahubali , 28 Feet in Height, is installed here near the hill in 1963.